Why buy an Electric Vehicle?
- Tax Advantages. $4,000 in state tax credits (which steps down to $2,500 in 2021) and up to $7,500 in federal tax credits.
- Drive Anywhere. EV charging stations are being rapidly installed throughout our state and country. Check ’em all out and map your route.
- Skip the Gas Station. EVs can be charged at home with a standard 120V outlet and many utilities offer assistance with installing a higher level charging station for your home (click on your utility below to learn more).
- Less Maintenance. Without the gasoline-powered internal combustion engine, EVs are less costly and easier to maintain.
- Half the Cost. The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that it costs about half as much to drive an electric vehicle as similar vehicle that runs on gasoline.
- Environmentally friendly. All-electric vehicles produce zero direct emissions.
What EVs are available and how do they work?
Watch this 3 minute EPA video to learn how EVs and plug-in hybrid vehicles work.
Check out this map from the Colorado Energy Office to see how many EVs are on the road in Colorado.
Finance your EV
Alpine Bank reduces their interest rate by a 1/2 percent for qualifying loans on the purchase of fuel efficient, hybrid and electric vehicles.
Find a Group Buy in your area
- Colorado Energy Office’s Recharge Colorado program works to advance the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) and charging installations throughout Colorado. Find the ReCharge Colorado Coach for your region or select the links below to see current group buy opportunities.