USDA also offers housing repair loans and/or grants to help repair, improve, or modernize your home. Loans up to $20,000 are available at a 1% interest rate with a 20-year term. Grants are available for homeowners 65 years or older and are for health and safety issues.
Individuals must own and occupy your home and meet income and credit requirements to be eligible.
These USDA loans can be made for repairs such as roof replacements, plumbing, heating and electrical work, weatherization, adding accessibility features, flooring and other improvements.
Financing is available to provide funds for your home energy upgrades.
The Colorado Residential Energy Upgrade Loan (RENU) Loan program is a statewide residential loan program sponsored by the Colorado Energy Office, in partnership with Elevations Credit Union. It makes home energy upgrades easy and affordable by offering low-cost, long-term financing for energy efficiency and renewable energy improvements.
Colorado RENU Loan Terms:
- Loans from $500 to $35,000
- No money down
- Finance up to 100% of project costs
- Interest rates start at 2.75%
- Borrowers approved with minimum credit score of 580
- No pre-payment penalties
Eligible projects (minimum efficiency requirements apply) include:
- Space heating & cooling
- Insulation & air sealing
- Water heating
- Energy analysis & monitoring
- Windows & doors
- ENERGY STAR appliances
- Solar PV and solar thermal
Are you eligible?
- You own the home that will be undergoing energy efficiency or renewable energy upgrades. It can be a primary, secondary, or income property.
- Projects must be completed by an authorized RENU contractor. Visit the RENU website for a list of authorized contractors.
For questions about the loan program or to become an authorized contractor, contact Jeffrey King at the Colorado Energy Office at 303.866.2259.