Several Energy Smart Colorado Partners Offer Energy Site Visits for Businesses.
While each community’s program differs, an energy site visit will typically entail:
- A walk-through of your business with one of our team members
- A review of your business’ lighting
- A brief evaluation of your equipment and mechanical systems and their respective energy use
- A report recommending the first steps to take to start saving energy and money on your utility bills
- Energy coaching to develop a plan of action to improve your building’s operating systems and reduce its energy consumption
- Assistance with local rebates available in your community
Check with your local Energy Smart Resource Center to determine the services offered to businesses in your community.
While a site visit from an Energy Smart team member is a great starting point, an ASHRAE Level I or Level II Energy Audit may be recommended for large or mechanically complex buildings. Rebates may be available from both Energy Smart Colorado and your utility providers to help pay for a technical audit with a contractor of your choosing.
“The best part was when we received the first and second months electric bills and they were nearly half of what they were.”
— Elevation Lighting, Gunnison, Energy Smart Business Participant