Step 1: Sign Up for A Home Energy Assessment
A comprehensive Energy Smart Home Energy Assessment includes a complete evaluation with a blower door and infrared technology to measure air leakage, tests for carbon monoxide, radon testing, and direct installation of energy saving quick fix items, a $400 value for $150 cost*.
*Additional charges may occur for the following:
- Homes over 3,000 square feet of conditioned area, or mechanically complex homes, will be charged $0.05/sq. ft.; homes over 6,000 square feet will be charged $0.10/sq. ft.
- For mileage greater than 20 miles in one direction, Analysts will charge $0.55/mile.
- Installation of quick fix items are mutually agreed upon by homeowners and Analysts. The installation of a programmable thermostat requires a $25 copay; any additional quick fix items above the $50 allowance will incur additional fees.
The Home Energy Assessment is a comprehensive evaluation of your home’s energy use that includes the following:
- A complete assessment performed by a certified energy analyst of your home’s building envelope, mechanical systems and other energy users.
- A Blower Door Test to measure the leakiness of your home
- Infrared Imaging to identify drafts and opportunities to insulate the home, unidentifiable by the naked eye.
- Combustion Analysis and Safety testing to test the air quality of your house and alert you to any potentially hazardous conditions.
- A detailed report of your home’s energy use, complete with specific suggestions for improvements.
- A number of on-the-spot conservation measures to be installed during your assessment. Depending on the unique needs of your home, the analyst may install pipe wrap, energy efficient light bulbs, water heater blankets, weatherstripping and more.
Energy Smart Business Commercial Rebates are now available. Eligible measures include:
Standard Energy Assessment, High-efficiency Gas Furnace, High-efficiency Gas Boiler, Proper Sizing of Gas Boiler/Furnace, Programmable Thermostat, Hot Water Heater – Tankless, Furnace Maintenance, Air Sealing, Insulation, Low-Flow Sprayer and miscellaneous, Hot Water & Infiltration.