The extension of credit for energy-efficient existing homes provides a 10-percent credit for the purchase of qualified energy efficiency improvements to existing homes. The energy-efficiency home products are retroactive for 2012 and must be “placed in service” before December 31st, 2013.
Eligible Measures Include*:
- Replacement windows and skylights, and exterior doors
- Window films
- Pigmented metal roofs, or an asphalt roof with cooling granules
- electric heat pump water heater Natural gas & propane furnaces
- Central air conditioning units and air-source heat pumps
- Natural gas, propane, or oil water heater
- And more!