Why get an “Energy Smart Home Designation”?
- Ensure that your home is safe, energy efficient & comfortable
- A resource-efficient home has a higher value and market advantage
- “Energy Smart Home Designation” listing on your property record
- Receive an average savings of over $300/year on your energy bills!
Three Steps to Earning an “Energy Smart Home Designation”
1. Sign up for and complete a comprehensive Home Energy Assessment by an Energy Smart Home Analyst. This includes:
- a walk-through inspection
- gas leak detection
- combustion safety analysis
- blower door test to identify air leaks
- installation of FREE quick-fix energy saving materials
You will receive an Assessment Report of test results and recommended improvements.
2. Complete the recommendations listed in your Assessment Report. Eligible measures include:
- air-sealing and insulation
- upgrading heating systems
- replacement of doors and windows
- other improvements to improve the comfort of your home
3. Contact Energy Smart about receiving an “Energy Smart Designation” for your home
The Greater Benefit:
- home improvements create new jobs in the community
- a “Energy Smart Home Designation” raises home values
- reduces utility costs
- reduces environmental impact
Join the 3,500 homes (~10%) that have completed an assessment, and 1,800 home (~5%) that have completed improvements that reduce energy usage by 15%.
Energy Smart Colorado provides programs and energy services to residents including energy coaching, home energy assessments, referrals to qualified local contractors, and access to rebates and financing for energy improvements.